Link Update

The Organizational Meeting minutes is updated and a link for it can be found on the right of this page. Salary Addendum is attached.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Could it Be Global Warming? And Where To Go For Lunch?----by Ann Taylor

If you are someone that is worried about global warming than this is NOT the post for you...skip it, move on, you will hate it.  For the rest of you...you may enjoy it.

We have all noticed the unseasonably warm winter we are having.  I took a friend to look at cars at lunch and we were talking about the weather.  He said it was a little chilly today and I laughed because compared to what we should be encountering on February 24th this was not at all a chilly day.  When I said that, he then started laughing and agreed.  I said this is one those rare instances I hope Al Gore was right---if this is global warming then BRING IT ON!!  The two of us could not stop laughing about it.  My friend had read an article that said if the temperature rose just one degree there would be less deaths because so many people die from freezing.  My response...I bet the penguins wouldn't mind!  If you have ever seen March of the Penguins (sad movie, by the way), I bet they would have no problem with a few extra degrees while they are making that trek!  My friend and I continued laughing and then we began talking about the polar bears.  We both agreed they would probably be a tad happier with just a one degree uptick on the earth's thermostat.  Now, keep in mind, this was simply a silly and fun conversation.

On the way back, he wanted to stop and grab his lunch somewhere.  I suggested Nicky G's because we were  about to drive right past it.  He got a slice of sausage pizza.

If you were on Columbia Tpke and a friend asked where they could grab a quick lunch where would you suggest?

8 comments:

  1. Another town.....LOL

    Just to get a quick bite of something like a piece of pizza i might say Pizza my love, they have quite the choice, or maybe Labella. Right by pizza my love is Double Dragon they always have lunch specials. I hear the new Tai place on sherwood ave is pretty good, I'm not sure how fast they would be though. There are a few sub places that you could run in and get a quick sub from. It depends on what the person wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann! The pizza was indeed good and so were the laughs we shared. But i read this on the web so it must be true: "Statistical evidence shows that there are twice as many deaths in cold weather than in hot weather (but the weather is not necessarily the direct cause). A Southern Medical Journal study report states that "even in climates as warm as southern Europe or North Carolina [USA], cold weather causes more deaths than hot weather." They also note that "rising temperatures could reduce overall mortality rates." And they say Global Warming is a bad thing. Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Hot_weather_or_cold_weather_cause_more_deaths#ixzz1nMBqecDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like Wendy's for a quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noticed today we have a new or another Sub way coming to East Greenbush. The old Gas station that the Dems have their head quarters or use to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Subway? Really? Ugg. EG is so known for low end, fast food hubs. I hate that about this town. My favorite place in EG to grab a bite of lunch (although it's very "girlie") is the Country Trunk Cafe. Love it...great food and service...and afterwards, you can shop:) I also love Everybody's Cafe...great food...and very relaxing. I would normally love Friendy's but the last time I went in there it smelled so bad I had to leave. Has anyone else had that experience with the Friendy's on Rt 4? I think that place needs a good cleaning. I am glad it has stayed open though. The last thing EG needs is another vacant building. EG is known for that, too. Again, ugg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mar 4 5:01 AM..I not only agree with your comment, I got a good laugh from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has anyone tried the fish burger at Wendys? If so, how are they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To: I need something for Lent. My best advice is to stay away from artery clogging fried fish...and go fresh! You can saute up some fresh shrimp or scallops with your favorite veggies in minutes. If you must go to Wendy's, buy a plain baked potato and season it up at home with some salt and pepper and maybe a teaspoon of your favorite salad dressing (I like bacon ranch). Believe me, your heart will thank you for it and it will be delicious, too. Let us know how it goes.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers