Link Update

The Organizational Meeting minutes is updated and a link for it can be found on the right of this page. Salary Addendum is attached.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Recipe for Cinnamon Bread Pudding....by Ann Taylor

I came upon a new recipe for Cinnamon Bread Pudding.  I shared it with family and gave some to friends.  My Mom always lists bread pudding when we talk about favorite desserts so when I saw this new recipe I thought I would give it a whirl.  I changed a few ingredients (the recipe calls for raisins and I substituted milk chocolate chips and added a few Hershey cinnamon chips).  Anyways....the end result was something that everyone LOVED, both friends and family.  My Mom enjoyed it so much she suggested I post the recipe on the blog so....here it is....

1 loaf of cinnamon bread cut into 1" cubes (I used Pepperidge Farm)
1/4 c Hershey cinnamon chips
1/4 c milk chocolate chips
1/3 c orange juice
1 stick melted margarine
2 c milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 2 qt casserole with non-stick spray.
Combine milk chocolate chips and cinnamon chips with orange juice.  Soak for 15 minutes.
Place bread cubes in a large bowl.  Add melted margarine.  Toss to coat.
Spread buttered bread cubes on a cookie sheet and bake in oven until golden brown.  Allow to cool.
Evenly distribute cooled bread cubes in the 2-qt casserole.
Top bread cubes with soaked chips so they are evenly distributed.
In a medium bowl, whisk milk, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is smooth.
Pour mixture over bread cubes and refrigerate 15 minutes.
Place in oven and bake until center is set.  Approximately 45minutes.
Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before serving.  Refrigerate leftovers.  Leftovers are best served warm--microwave for a minute or so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers