Link Update

The Organizational Meeting minutes is updated and a link for it can be found on the right of this page. Salary Addendum is attached.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Numbers and a little football by Michael Cristo

I have no idea what happened to the number for the postings.  When I originally put them on it was it was a major undertaking for me because it dealt with computer coding and cutting and pasting lines of commuter text into HTML, blah blah blah that I had no idea what I was doing, have no idea how I did it and I don't not have the time to try and figure it out again right now.  I'm kind of hoping it returns as magically as they disappeared, so I apologize for the change.  It's nothing we did, I guess the blogs have a mind of their own at times.   If I can figure it out, I will get them back.  Right now, I need to go out and stock up on Twinkies and Ho Ho's!  Given their shelf lives, I should be able to buy a lifetime supply!

Out of curiosity, are there any bets on the playoffs this weekend?  Gotta be honest, I'm torn on the Green Bay/Giants game.  I was a Green Bay fan back when they were real bad during college, but find it difficult to stay a fan, (I'm an underdog man).  These days, I'm a Giant's fan.

That notwithstanding, pure talent implores routing for the Saints.  I watched Drew Brees when he broke the record and the team is simply fluid and complete.  Brees was just impressive and I don't see anyone beating them, but i understand that the 49ers has a hell of a defense, so it should be a couple of great games.

On the other side... I join a good many people in not being a Brady fan and i'd like to see the Broncos take them down.  Little too much Tebow hype for my liking, but would still like to them win.

For my money, I think a Green Bay/ Saints match up would be a better game than the Super Bowl and I'd like to see it.  Have my doubts on the Giants being able to beat the Saints, so I guess I'm pulling for the Giants, but won't be disappointed or surprised if the don't pull it off.

Other than that, don't really care about the other games.  if the Broncos beat the Pats, I'm guessing the Ravens would advance, but I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Off to get my twinkles... never like the sno-balls.

10 comments:

  1. Giants..GO ALL THE WAY! Love Cruz and hope he has MANY opportunities to do his little dance this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If (and I say IF) the Giants play as well this week as they did last week they have a shot to beat Green Bay. My opinion they will not and the Packers will move on to play the Saints in the NFC title game which will be the real Super Bowl. Although the Saints do not have an easy go of it this week either, but they should prevail.

    As for the AFC side of things the Pats are always tough, and should beat up on the Broncos, but I will be rooting for the Broncos. I jumped on the Tebow band wagon about half way into the season and have been there ever since. I think the guy is good for football because most of the players in the NFL should be in jail somewhere, and he is a proud christian.

    As for the other AFC game, Houston are no slouches, but I think Baltimore will beat them, but I can't stand Baltimore so I hope New England kicks their butts in the AFC title game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, if you're an underdog man, that's what makes these kind of games great! I'd like to see New Orleans beat San Fran just because they were an underdog team for so long and breed is just impressive.

    I agree, that if NY brings the game they brought last week, Green Bay CAN be beat at home. Like the title of the movie goes, Any Given Sunday!

    As for the Ravens... I loved the blind side and would like to see them advance. I'm routing for the giants, but think that a Packers/Saints match up would be the best game of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right the blind side was a good movie, but the Ravens also have a player by the name of Ray Lewis whom belongs in prison once killed a man, or a man got shot and killed at his house something like that. That is why I said the NFL could use more players like Tebow. The NFL like a lot of sports has a serious problem with bad boys, they need an image make over.

    You are right about the Saints, that is how they got their nick name the Aints. For years they were laughed at and made fun of, but the last couple of years they are for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Patriots--cheaters! They have a history of cheating..Spygate. (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/05/18/with_belichick_the_cover_up_is_most_revealing/)
    Sorry but the Patriots are rule breakers...don't like that. Sports should be played fairly and the rules should be followed. Would LOVE to see Denver take the Patriots out! Elway will be there watching his team and I am hopeful they can do it.
    If the Giants were playing home, their chances would be better. However, think about the 2007 Season and the Playoffs. The Giants played Green Bay then too. And as I recall, that was a nasty, bitter cold night in Green Bay. The Giants' bench warming units were not working and some suggested that was intentional by Green Bay. Still, the Giants prevailed. It will be a good game but, fingers crossed, the Giants pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike we were both wrong the 49ers just beat the Saints, great finish to the game glad I got home in time to see the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These days, wrong is something I'm used to Jim! Glad I didn't bet my Uncle, who has been a 49ers fan forever. Great game though. gotta give credit to the Niners defense. Giants will bring their A game Sunday. I'm sure both the Packers and the Giants preferred to face the Niners, but after watching them tonight, I'm betting they have second thoughts. At least we have good teams to route for. Things could be much worse... we could be Browns fans and not have a game to watch in the post season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of numbers...our friends and neighbors on EG Talks blog are denying the existance of a General Fund deficit.

    The exchanges I saw were not about the politics but simply about what do we do about it. But apparently denial of our real and growing problem and a simple non partisan discussion of options to deal with that issue are too much to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Numbers, numbers, any way to get the numbers back on the comments?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course there is a way to get the numbers back, but it's more involved than I have time to deal with right now. This weekend I was busy watching the Saints get beat up on by the 49ers, which was just unreal and then watched the Giants beat up on Green Bay at home. I was routing for NY, but if I was to have placed bets, I'd have lost both! Go figure. I will try to do something, but I'm not really sure how they got lost in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers