Link Update

The Organizational Meeting minutes is updated and a link for it can be found on the right of this page. Salary Addendum is attached.

Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day....by Ann Taylor

With a maiden name of "Murphy" I cannot let March 17th go by without wishing everyone a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!  This day is also viewed, to some, as the unofficial start of spring...SWEET!

For those that are not Irish let me explain what St. Patrick's Day means to a child of an Irishman.  As many of you know my Dad is Irish, my Mom is Italian.  Guess which one made sure we wore green to school on St. Patrick's Day....you guessed it--MA DID!  She scoured our closets to find a green sweater, blouse, blazer. anything green.  And...to top the outfit off, my sister and I wore green shamrock earrings that Ma had made for us.  Needless to say, we were not exactly the "cool kids".  And we didn't care---we LOVED it!!!!  PLUS, Ma put a green shamrock cookie in our lunches everyday the week of St. Patrick's Day!  SO GREAT!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. From one Irish person to another happy St. Patrick's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiz on the Times Union blog about our area and Irish History. In Arts section. I only got one wrong. See how well you do.
    Also check out Dwights blog.. he has some interesting stuff to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day Ann!!!! I lived in Ireland for a long time and was always impressed by how proud the Irish are of America. In 1982 I gave a talk in Kilkenny about urban development in Ireland. Every major Irish city was built by foreigners - Vikings, Normans, Anglo-Saxons, etc. My conclusion was that the Irish had never built a city. From the back of the room, Kitty Lanigan, a 72-year old retired dentist, stood up and said "But Jack, we built New York." As an Irish kid from the Bronx all I could do was defer to her greater wisdom. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every St. Patick's Day my dear friend, Jack Conway, and I exchange St. Patrick's Day good wishes.

    This year I shared with Jack stories of my great uncle Marty Mooney. Uncle Marty was the last Mooney to come here from the old sod.

    And Jack graciously shared the Gaelic rendering of my last name.

    Thank you, Ann, for this post and the opportunity to share this.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers