Link Update

The Organizational Meeting minutes is updated and a link for it can be found on the right of this page. Salary Addendum is attached.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dieting...by Ann Taylor

It's no secret that I am a slave to the cocoa bean.  LOVE chocolate (and vanilla and caramel and butterscotch and anything sweet...).  It's also no secret that everyone has a price and my price....is most any baked good or pastry.  I admit it....I am weak when it comes to baked goods...cookies, brownies, cupcakes, cakes, ice cream, etc.  Another little tidbit of information is I am also a big fan of Weight Watchers.  That program works!  I joined Weight Watchers in January 2008 and lost 50 lbs in less than 6 months.  After 1.5 months I felt good enough to add running into my daily schedule.
To this day I still run (about 3.5 miles/day) and follow Weight Watchers.  I fully admit that I am STILL easily tempted by a cookie!  At times I venture beyond my allotted daily points and fall prey to Oreo cookies.  But, I get back on track and follow my points with the program.  It is so true...when you lose weight slowly, and do it the RIGHT way, it really is much easier to keep it off.  Please don't misunderstand, there is always my "inner chubby girl" that is ever so excited to try a new cookie recipe or eat a chocolate cupcake covered in buttercream frosting.  That being said, in moderation, once in awhile it is certainly acceptable to treat yourself to a sugary and sweet pleasure.
So...my question to you....what are some diet secrets, diet plans or exercises you have found to be the most beneficial for you?

4 comments:

  1. Last fall I started a regular exercise routine (yea me!). I am very proud to say that after fighting it for a very long time, this former couch potato now gets up every week day morning at 5:25 a.m.(7 a.m. on the weekend) and heads out for a 45 minute workout. Slowly over the months, I have lost several pounds and gained a lot of strength especially in my back and legs. Now I actually look forward to my workout and miss it if I can't do it. Additionally, I also pay closer attention now to what I am eating because I can't see cancelling out my a.m. calorie burn with a single scoop of ice cream or a cupcake. Yes, sometimes I get weak and indulge my sweet tooth (after all, I am human) but I am much more conscious now of what I am eating and whether it is helping me to be healthy or hindering my progress. It IS true what they say...when you have your health, you truly DO have everything:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am lost. whats with the blog?
    Dwight blog is dead. so now what? nothing to read or repond to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this blog, it's fun. Hey, Anon 7 a.m., why don't you start your own blog? Do you have to be spoonfed something to read and respond to? If you have issues you want to discuss in an open forum, get it going. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,

    I have found that alternating long runs (7-13 miles) with speed work on the treadmill (no more than 30 minutes at gradually increasing speeds)does wonders for muscle building, endurance and weight modification. Start increasing mileage or you run the risk of hitting a plateau that will give you no health benefits.

    Good luck and see you at a few races.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers