Link Update

The Organizational Meeting minutes is updated and a link for it can be found on the right of this page. Salary Addendum is attached.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Search of the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie....by Ann Taylor

To anyone who knows me, this post will not come as a big surprise.  It's probably more of a surprise that I have not written it before now!

Chocolate chip cookies are the number 1 most loved cookie in the world according to "Yummy Desserts" http://your-yummy-desserts.com/tag/top-5-cookies.  That's a great little "fact" BUT, it is not specific.  Some chocolate chip cookies are better than others (all are good but some are better).

Some people love Freihofers cookies, some love Chips Ahoy, some like Famous Amos, others like Mrs. Fields, and the list goes on and on.  The pre-made dough even has subtle differences.  Some prefer Nestle, others Pillsbury, and others like Hershey.  Mr. Subb features David's brand and those are very tasty.

So..question to YOU....what is YOUR favorite chocolate chip cookie?

7 comments:

  1. Nothing can compare to Freihofer's Chocolate Chip cookies. We never buy just one box, always at LEAST two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandmother Peterson's, and the recipe is a secret. One hint...there are walnuts in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best chocolate chip cookie? The ones your mom makes cause she always adds a heaping helping of love. You can't find that special ingredient in any other cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately Freihofers beats them all.
    Nothing like the good old cookie that we grew up with here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann,
    I would have said Freihofer's also,BUT the best by far are the chocolate chip cookies are at Jiff-e-mart in Castleton. They cannot keep them in stock. Homemade, big chips, soft and chewy!! They really comfort you after a long work day or just a bonus if you are on a diet.
    Give them a try!!

    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Russ, but I have had a lifetime of baking choc chip cookies. I liked to have the cookies for the children when they came home from school, and for my husband when he came home from work.

    Now, I have Freihofer's Choc Chips and they go just as fast. Yesterday, I opened a box and it sits on the island with two or three cookies left. Not for long. As soon as I finish this comment, I will gobble them up. Never fear, I have more in the pantry.

    We have tried all brands, some with nuts, some larger some with peanut butter, but we always come back to Freihofer's plain Choc Chips. So, I HAVE to say, "Three cheers for Freihofer's Choc Chips, they are the BEST."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot out of the oven, home made as long as there is a cold glass of milk nearby... anybody's home, any recipe, doesn't matter to me. there is nothing like a hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookie to make the day a bit better!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers